Certainly a regular blogger
Wow - I haven't posted for almost exactly a year, that is terrible. What a keen blogger I am. But you know, blogging is so 2006 ;). But I was reminded by a friend (you know who you are) that I actually once had a blog, and when I protested "oh I have no idea what the username or password is anymore!!!" I was then reminded by a husband that there was a note sitting on my corkboard containing both those things. So here I am.
In the past year let's see what has happened??? A lot of stuff. I am no longer at Hiser, I left in about June this year. I had a new job that I was very excited about - Hyro, back in Surry Hills, as a Senior User Experience Architect. Earning a lot more than Hiser (but you couldn't earn much less in that industry). However the excitement didn't last and neither did the job. I resigned within 3 months. But I wasn't too worried, I had a new job to go straight to! So I now work at Boomworks in Camperdown. Very handy to home and much better than Hyro! It's a very small company, I'm an info architect but I'm pushing to do more usability work there, such as user testing which is the only thing I miss about Hiser. I need to convince my colleagues that users matter!
So what else has happened....hhhmmmm....ah, I had a week in hospital about 4 weeks ago, to monitor my seizures to see what the likelihood of risk free brain surgery would be. That was an interesting experience. Mum came down to stay the week with me, as I needed 24hour assistance (oh yeah mum and dad left and moved to Brisbane). I was taken off all my drugs and I had lots of seizures in a row, which was the idea. They then performed two CT scans, one that would show seizure activity in my brain, and a comparison one that showed my brain as normal. Haven't gotten the results back yet; am seeing the doctor next month.
The exciting thing about the hospital trip is that since I went back on my drugs, I haven't had a single seizure! It will be a month today (TOUCH WOOD). I think it is probably because my body hasn't become immune to them yet, and when it does, it'll go back to old times. But I'm enjoying it while it lasts. And so is Stephen.
What else, what else. Oh hundreds of things, but this post would be way too long. Our house is still great, obviously we're more than settled in now. We're waiting for new neighbours as the old ones got kicked out (yay-because they were loud and he was violent when drunk). We hope we get some decent ones this time. There was an open house last Saturday and plenty of people turned up. Most were mid-20s couples and had piercings in various places, but I don't believe we're old enough yet to judge that!!
Oh here's something that is bothering me at the moment, I can't type anymore! And I blame msn messenger. Because we all type so furiously fast to message each other, the quality has just lowered so much. I want to attend a "how to type 'the' correctly" class. teh teh teh. Never noticed it before because good old Word auto-corrects it. If I have down time at work I practice tying it - teh tehe teh teh the teh - there's an example. I'm crap!!!!!!! Help!
OK gonna go. Perhaps I'll post again in the next 6 months, you never know...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home