Facts about my world for anyone with any interest!

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sunday's over

Well our last weekend at Camperdown is over. And it wasn't really the most relaxing one I will remember. But most of the packing has been done now, just the last few bits and pieces we can easily finish on Thursday (provided I can get the day off).

Emma and Sandra came over this morning to check out my bag of throwaway clothes, and both left with several pieces. I was pleased about that, yet I still had almost a full bag to chuck out. Emma kindly drove me in the pouring rain to the local clothes bin on Salisbury Road, and I stood there in the rain throwing armfuls of clothing (must have looked quite a sight).

I finally sorted through the big bag of old letters and cards this afternoon. And I was as ruthless as possible- and threw out my 21st cards and the year 2001 christmas cards (why I kept them in the first place I have no idea). But I couldn't throw out any letters, I wanted to, but Stephen encouraged me to keep them. I found some hilarious ones that are so OLD, such as one from Emma that she had to cut short because "Mr Burke's watching me".

I also discovered a letter from Mandy that she gave to me to read on the plane from England back home (this is 1997). She described several 'memorable moments' from our time o/s. And one of those was the whole 'incident' of Amsterdam. I actually cried when I read this, because she gave such a clear portayal of everything that night, from pre-dinner drinks, right up until my convoluted conversation attempts back at the rooms we were staying. I hadn't read or thought about this for such a long time, and it made me angry and upset that my epilepsy is a result of that one night and that stupid fall. But *sigh*...what can you do. No doubt I will also not have found the good things in my life (such as Stephen, Charlie and our new house!) if it wasn't for that night, because all things relate to past events. So I wiped my eyes, got over it and carried on!

Back to work tomorrow and will probably be more relaxing there than here this weekend! But I shouldn't say that before I get there should I?












Current state of the house!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home