Facts about my world for anyone with any interest!

Saturday, November 26, 2005

The end of the day!

Well that was quite a productive day I feel- it just doesn't look like it unfortunately! The house is a terrible mess; there are half-full boxes all over the place. I keep reminding myself that this will be the last move for a long long time. Thank god!

We spent most of the day just literally packing up boxes. I found it amazing that once you take goods out of boxes, you can never ever get them back in the sme way. Even if you keep all the cardboard layering and other packing materials inside, you can never get them back in the right way and the box NEVER closes properly! So frustrating and so much sticky tape required.

We both found some cool, forgotten about items when we were getting stuff out of various places around the house. Stephen found a remote control tank and had a bit of a play which I believe was fun for him! And I found hundreds of old photos, diaries and wedding memorabilia which I loved looking through. I still have a full bag of old cards and letters which I am going to go through tomorrow. And decide whether to keep them or not. You know, I think they may stem back to as old as 21st birthday cards, and I have to decide whether they really are worth keeping. I mean, you can only get all nostalgic over items for a certail period of time can't you. Or, should I keep them because they will be more worthwhile in the future?

We took a break and had lunch, and watched Charlie proudly bring in a live cicada in his mouth (he looked like he had a moustache). He let go of it, it buzzed loudly and freaked Charlie out, who pushed it around a bit then, as usual, got bored and left it. I was very brave- picked up the cicada and threw it outside. Stephen reckons Charlie was probably offended, you know, he brought us in a present and I threw it back outside...

After lunch, at 3pm we headed to Enmore for a community meeting on the proposed F6 and Johnston Creek extension. Is our brand new house going to be just a few meters away from a six lane highway? Hard to say, but it was a fairly positive meeting and there will be alot of people and groups and the whole council backing the protest. So I felt fairly optimistic leaving the meeting, but Stephen a little more skeptical. I guess it's something we just have to wait and see, unfortunately.

But we decided to forget about it and bought a bottle of wine and crackers/dip on the way home and relaxed for the rest of the night. I made a great dinner (if I may say so) of chilli chicken with rice and lettuce, kind of a chicken version of the pork one which I can't spell (sounds like sang choi bow). Watched Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets which is the best by far. We'll wait to next Thursday for HP number four!

Well that's all from me today. Was fairly productive, despite the little mini-maggot drama this morning (too gross to expand on that). So going to go to bed now and look forward to more tomorrow!











Here's Charlie inspecting our work

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home