Facts about my world for anyone with any interest!

Monday, January 02, 2006

and Happy New Year

Well holidays are almost over and I have to go back to work tomorrow. Boooo. But we had a great break. Christmas at Kerrie's was lovely, except for the weather which was incredibly hot, but that's Brisbane. Christmas Day was warm until about 5pm when it began to rain, amd it was a HUUGGEE storm with horizontal rain. So Christmas dinner was inside not outside. And there was no room for everyone inside on one table, so we were spread around the house in various locations. Stephen and I sat on the floor with Malcolm and Josh. But the food was yummy and it was great to see everyone (well almost the whole family, with the exception of the Whytes). Taryn's new boyfriend is very nice and she seems so happy which is wonderful.

We went to a dinner in Newtown on NYE with some of Stephen's friends. It was a pretty good night, but you know when you sit at the wrong side of the table with the wrong people? Well that happened to me. I sat opposite one of those people who will say something mildly amusing to most, but hilarious to themselves, and then laugh uproariously. Nice guy, but a little painful to talk to. Aside from that, it was a good night and we saw the New Year in with some Moet (someone brought a bottle along, can't complain about that!)

Yesterday New Year's Day was so incredibly hot, it reached 44 degrees and apparantly the hottest New Year's day on record, and the second hottest day of all days on record. We did nothing but stay in, I napped for 4 hours in the afternoon. Damo and Sally came over for a BBQ in the evening, but we sensibly stayed indoors to eat. Even though it was still hot. Next house purchase- AIR CONDITIONING (when we're rich).

Well I'm off now to steam mop the floors- a Christmas pressie from mum and dad. It's stupid, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it works, hopefully much much easier that a regular mop. Is it sad to start wanting house cleaning presents???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home