Feels like home...
We've been here a week and a half now and we've finally finished unpacking, and the cartons people came and picked up the boxes today. Phew!! now it really feels like home.
We bought a spare bed on the weekend; an old frame of Damian's and we found a mattress in a small furniture store on King Street. So we have a 'guest' room now. And we also got our dining table back from Paula and Dean so we have something to eat on finally (it's been a long time, considering they minded it for us while we lived in Camperdown).
And today I got a nice proper chair for my little desk, and a cork board and even a lamp for the desk! I feel so important sitting here now, sounds silly but I think it will actually encourage me to work when I need to; I'm considering working from home for the rest of the week to get my document done. Except of course Friday, which is Hiser Christmas Party day, at the usual restaurant. Then it's only three more days and we're off to Brisbane for Christmas! yay!
I got my hair cut and coloured today, finally after six months I have had my roots redone. And my word did they need doing. I found a new place just a block up the road on Albion Street, called Desmond and Molly Jones's. They are lovely people, and when the guy introduced himself as Leonard, I turned to the girl (not remembering that Leonard was not Desmond) and said, "are you Molly?" And was this funny for them! "No no this is Amanda- Desmond and Molly is a Beatles song!" So I felt like a bloody idiot, but still couldn't figure out what song they were talking about?! I've just gone now and searched for the names and found this one. I don't think I would ever had figured that out without the wonders of the Internet!
Anyway so here's my hair, as vain as this seems, I'm actually adding it here to look and most likely laugh at the fact it will NEVER look like this again unless I go to a hairdresser's. It was even ironed! Never before...and never again I thinks, I'm not sure about this straight look, it's too neat and posh for me..but ob-la-di, ob-la-dah, life goes on!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home