Facts about my world for anyone with any interest!

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Merry Christmas!!

Hopefully I won't get into trouble for saying those words. But this is a Christian country afer all, and the holiday is for Christmas, whether you are a church-goer or not.

ANYway, so today is my last day of work until January 3rd. YAY!! I thought Thursday was when my holidays began, but I checked the little table someone had put together showing everyone's leave, and there it was saying that my leave began on the 21st! So that was an exciting surprise. It's a good thing anyway, as I still have quite a bit of Xmas shopping to do, and we leave for Brisbane 6am Thursday.

There's "drama" at home at the moment. The hot water tank is leaking and needs replacing TODAY! Stephen got an expensive quote from a plumber, and Susan suggested we call a Hot Water place who will do it directly, and could be cheaper. So I did that, and you wouldn't believe it, when I gave them our address he knew it, because that plumber had called him that morning for their requirments and services to our house; to get a direct quote from them for it!!

So wow the plumber had added about 25% to the price when he gave Stephen the quote. So, we accepted the job directly from the Hot Water service place, and they are coming this afternoon. One of those weird coincidences...

THEN Stephen opened the back gate to check access to the back lane (as we had been told it had)- and it fell apart. So it's now propped up and it leads straight into the neighbour's yard NOT the back lane, there is no back lane :-( Poor Stephen, today is not a good day and he has so much work to do as well. I feel helpless as I am stuck here at work and can't do anything for him. Oh well. Counting 2 sleeps until we leave! yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home